Sunday, October 4, 2015

My Nearly Insane Journey is over!

I managed to take some quick photos at hand in day for the Festival of Quilts Show in Auckland.
The photos are not the best but I'm hoping some-one can take some better photos for me at the show.
I won't be at the show this year, for the first time in about 20 years as I'm going on a Quilt Tour to Canada, USA and Japan. I will be in Houston at their huge show, but am also a little disappointed I won't be seeing NI at our show after all that work.
I started piecing this quilt in June 2010 and finished it in July 2015 with a lot of down time in between.
A couple of the photos are a bit blurry I'm sorry to say!






'My Nearly Insane Journey'


Unfortunately the quilting doesn't show up in the photo, so I tried to take some closeups. I had to be quick, as they were photographing all the quilts for the show.














Thanks for dropping by
http://www.susannasquilts.blogspot.com

15 comments:

LuAnn said...

It's simply beautiful! I've done that one and know how much work has gone into in. Congratulations!

Mystic Quilter said...

This is a masterpiece!! I love the fabrics in this quilt and the quilting is beautiful - congratulations on a stunner!
Hope you enjoy your Tour.

Raewyn said...

Your quilt is beautiful Sue, it must be such a great feeling to have it done. I'm looking forward to getting up close and personal with it at the FOQ :-)

Julie said...

Wow this is a lot of work, very beautiful and well worth the effort.

Sew Quilt Designs said...

Looks great. You must be over the moon with that one! :)

Tazzie said...

It looks just wonderful Sue, definitely a finish worth waiting for. What a wonderful time you'll have on your vacation. Houston is definitely on my list of places to go, be sure to take lots of pictures.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

The Quilted Finish said...

WOW! What a truly beautiful piece! This quilt is definitely not for the faint hearted, I don't know if I will ever be brave enough to tackle this incredible pattern. Well done you! Love the quilting too.

Frances Leate said...

The finished quilt looks fabulous Sue and you should be really proud of yourself. Have a wonderful trip and enjoy Houston. When I was there in 2009 I was really taken with all the antique quilts for sale and the antique sewing accessories. Have fun!!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely quilt. Isn't a finish a wonderful feeling? I'm starting my Insane Journey in January with several other friends, have no idea how long it is going to take. My friend said 2 years, we'll see. Enjoy your trip to Houston. Gretchen

Pine Valley Quilts said...

Looks Fabulous Sue ! Such a great accomplishment. A stunner for sure!!

Leeanne said...

Stunning! a work of art. I hope THIS one doesn't end up in your cupboard!

Quilting Stories said...

Congratulations Sue on this stunning masterpiece, I am so admirative of your sophisticated work!

Karen H said...

Your NI quilt is spectacular. How disappointing that you won't get to see in hung at the show. Enjoy your trip and I hope that while you are in my neck of the woods that we will be able to meet!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

An amazing finish! I'll look forward to seeing it up closer at the show. Enjoy your trip.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,
We saw your quilt at the show, just beautiful!
We also took some photographs that you might enjoy, they are of hand quilted quilts.
hand quilting
Enjoy!