Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Baby, Baby...

About a month ago, a young couple we know had their first baby, and I thought I'd better get my act together and make a quilt. Mind you I started it when the Mum was in her 6 month of pregnacy. As they chose to Not find out the gender of the baby, I decided to go with bright childrens fabrics.

I tend to make baby/childrens quilts, so they may be used in the cot, then on their first little bed.
They can also use it to lay baby on the floor.
I free motion machine quilted it. 





I followed an idea from Susan Clair of  www.gourmetquilter.com

How to have Fun with Novelty 5" squares - Quilting Tips & Techniques 062.

This is the you tube site

Its a fun way to use up all those childrens style fabrics. This is the back of the quilt so its actually double sided.


 Thanks for dropping by
 

http://www.susannasquilts.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Very cute... and perfect for that all important 'tummy time.'

Leeanne said...

Awesome quilt! I just made something similar. I love making quilts for babies and children.

Kyle said...

Super cute with all of those bright and fun children's prints. I'll check out the pattern. It's nice to have a few easy ones up your sleeve.

Raewyn said...

A lovely fun quilt and good idea to make it a decent size so that it can be enjoyed for longer.