Friday, August 1, 2014

On target….

with quilting my Mrs Billings quilt. I haven’t been anywhere much, and most of my friends have pretty much given up asking me out but, all is going well with my quilting. I have been borrowing Audio Books from the library, and I must admit, I stay quilting longer whilst listening to a good mystery. The only problem with borrowing is, the last book, I got up to nearly the end of the book, and it automatically went back to the library before I found out who murdered the three people. I had to re order it to find out. :-)
Here is a photo of my progress. I have allowed myself up to the end of August to finish these 4 borders. I am onto the 2nd border now. I have planned a week in Sydney at the end of August and when I get home I will have a month to finish the quilt.

Mrs Billings jpg

Thanks for dropping by
My signature_thumb

6 comments:

Sew Quilt Designs said...

I had a chuckle about the book! The quilting is looking very good :)

Leeanne said...

Hey Sue, you are getting there!
I listen to audio books while quilting my customer quilts!

Jeanette said...

Looking good Sue. How frustrating about the book. Hugs,xx

FlourishingPalms said...

I'm so happy to see that you're happily quilting! This is looking very nice, and you're being most diligent about working on it. I too am a big fan of audiobooks. I listen to them often, particularly when I'm free motion quilting. You made me laugh to know that your book was automatically returned to the library. I can't count the number of times that's happened to me too. The worst is when I go to renew it and find that someone else has checked it out already! Ergh! If you listen to any especially good books, do share the titles. I'm always ready for a good read.

Dawn said...

Hi sue your Mrs Billings is fantastic. Congratulations on your show win. I am just starting on my Billings journey and love your blog but cannot see your pics they just appear as an exclamation ,ark. It's such a shame as l will need all the inspiration l can gather for the quilting process. Would you be be able to send me the missing pics? So desperately want to see closeups of your masterpiece. Thank you

Sue said...

Hi Dawn

you are a no replyer, so have to answer here.

Thanks for your kind comments. Yes, I'm not sure why the photos have gone like that, but you've now sent me on a mission to find them on my hard drive. It might take me a day or two but I'll get back to you when I can.